Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Work area


Work area
Originally uploaded by mewpaperarts.
I always am curious about where artists do their work. I thought it fair to reveal my studio space to you. I live in a three story town house with two bedrooms. My second bedroom is tremendous with plenty of room for a bed off to the side and all of my necessary equipment. Now, I may have pulled the wool over your eyes with this photo but the truth is, it's usually a PIT. I mean, mega mess. Typically you'll find 3-5 empty cups, mugs and wineglasses on any or all of the flat surfaces. If you can walk without stepping on a stray shoe, a box full of packing peanuts or a heap of paper scraps than you are more agile than I. The TV is there for Thursday nights only--Grey's Anatomy. Other than that it's rarely on. In fact, I often don't even bother with the stereo. I'll admit that I prefer things to be organized in there...but getting it and keeping it so is my greatest challenge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

....because you are your mother.... lucky in some regards , but not in the area of nail biting , or keeping your work space neat and organized.