Thursday, May 31, 2007


So I shared with you where I work. And I work where I live. Here are a few peeks into the rest of my home. My studio space is one of 2 bedrooms on the third floor of my condo. I've lived here for about a year and a half, and Dino joined me this past November. Our bedroom is my favorite place to be I think. My therapist said I needed to stop "retreating to a cave-like atmosphere". I think my therapist should scratch my a$$. It is a bit cave like, but it's safe, and cool and quiet. My dad helped me paint it and he dubbed it "battleship green". Not a fan. By the way, don't be fooled into thinking it's ever looked like this again--most of the time you can't even tell that wicker chair exists!

Same goes for the living room--mail, shoes, laundry piles...not always, but when I'm busy with orders the housework surely gets neglected. Most of these pics were taken when I had just moved in, so things are a bit sparse. Since then, I've acquired the coolest coffee table that was $30 from Home Goods. My dad chopped the legs down for me, polished it up and it's good as new!

The kitchen is cozy--which is an alternate way of saying small. But for me I guess it's plenty. I loathe my standard contractor grade tile and can't wait to replace it someday. Also wouldn't mind refinishing my borderline-heinous pickled cabinetry. For now it's totally livable. Our first big project will someday be dark wood flooring in the living room. My dining room is actually my favorite room, decor wise, but I have no pictures of it at the moment.

Mostly that's it...I mean there's more to it than those rooms, but none worth showing in the state it's all in.

Enough about me. Isn't there a CSI marathon on?

2 comments:

Liz Smith said...

Yeah, I agree, your therapist is wrong, caves are good for you! Thanks for showing your space, I hope to do that someday when our place stops looking like the "before" picture :)

Liz

Anonymous said...

OOOOOO MY - IT IS LOVELY - DID A CLEANING WOMAN VISIT!!?? OXOX MA