Wednesday, July 4, 2007


I never leave a market empty-handed...

Well, this past weekend's open market in Providence was lean on sales, but certainly not on excitement! Five minutes into my set up, I was smashed on the head by the display from the booth behind me! Yowser. Poor Marie from Galvinized Headwear felt horrible...we milked her sympathy all day, even though the worst of it was just a goose egg! She sent me home with one of her original handmade headbands to cover it! I made some other fun trades along the way too. I got this funky bottle of "Roasted Ghosts" and those darling mermaid tags from Darlene of Ursula and Olive in exchange for a pack of Sassy Girl Notecards. And from Melissa of Hobo Camp Crafts (a die hard Harry Potter freak) I got the world's cutest felt scrap birdie pin. She took a pack of book notecards because she said they reminded her of her beloved Hogwart's! Believe it or not, even a stationery designer herself sometimes picks up a card...and I scooped up these two from Pish Posh Design. The luscious scent of black vanilla soap from My Urban Kitchen fills my linen closet.

But best of all...this sweet little bunny necklace. The girls of Mooka & Looka were right beside me and brand new to the market and to selling at all. I saw the bunny first thing and wanted it for myself--Dino's nickname for me is Bunny...how fitting! But by mid day it was gone--sold to someone with a deeper wallet than me. Boo. Later that night when I got into bed and pulled back the covers, there was a tiny kraft paper box with a familiar stamp on it...and inside was the bunny!

What a guy, What a guy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a guy ... that guy named Darryl that you have nicknamed Dino so all believe his real name is Dino- keep him!!! (give me the bunny necklace!!!!!)

The Bookish Life said...

wow, you found some great stuff! and how sweet about the necklace!!

Wicked Good Dinner said...

Thanks for the blog post :-) Mount Dora is wonderful...Winter Park is GREAT , too! They're very similar - WP is a little bit more expensive because it's so close to downtown Orlando, but still just as beautiful!

Hobocamp Crafts said...

I kept wanting to ask you if Dino gave it to you yet! I was on to him at PROM and then I just asked him if he had bought it- so slick! Glad you're enjoying it! Wheee

Hobocamp Crafts said...

okay so his name is darryl sorry I've been saying dino. I didn't realize that was like your nickname for him- whoops sorrry